We would like to give to the user possibility to see his previous messages and continue already started conversation during one session.
What is session?
A session is the time:
- between the user's entry to the website with our webchat and the closing of the browser
- between the user's entry to the website with our webchat and the closing webchat using X button
- between the user's start conversation with our bot and go to end of conversation (depends on bot flow)
Within this time, user can talk to the bot, can refresh page, can close tab, duplicate browser tab and still will be able to see his previous messages and continue conversation.
A session is automatically created on the initialization of webchat if there is no already started conversation by the user.
- User open our client page with webchat implemented
- User open webchat to start conversation with bot
- All sent and received messages are stored and visible for the user
- User was redirected from main page to some subpage of our client page
- Webchat is still visible and user still can continue his conversation
- User is closing browser
- His session of conversation is closed, all messages will be cleared
- User again open the same page as on the beginning of this example
- New conversation session is created, user is not able to see his previous messages, because we are in new context and session of conversation
Updated 5 months ago